Five signs for gutter replacement
- Cracks or splints: It might not seem like a big deal, but a small crack can turn into a big one faster than you think.If you do not fix the cracks in your gutters, it will get worse: it might even damage the fascia boards, the shingles and even the foundation below.
- Paint peeling around your gutter, and specks of orange: The paint used around your gutter is designed to deal with the wear and tear of the weather and seasons. If it is chipping, it means that there is water present on a regular basis: unless your gutter is extremely old your paint should not chip. It’s the same for orange specks: that means there is rust present, which is unusual and dangerous.
- Water pooling or mildew signs around your house: Gutters are specifically designed to keep water away from your home: if you notice pools or mildew, there is something wrong with the gutter. The problem could be as simple as a clog or something more complex: however, if you don’t fix it it could cause foundation damage which would end up being much more costly and time consuming to repair.
- Water damage around the gutter: Water damage on or around the gutter means that it is clogged or overflowing and that leaking water is escaping the gutter. This type of water leakage will damage soffit and fascia board.
- Gutters that sag or that pull away from the house: This is one of the simplest ways to tell if you need gutter replacement. Gutters are not supposed to sag, and they are supposed to stick as closely to your home as possible so if they don’t that is a clear sign there is something not working as intended.
If you are noticing one or more of these issues listed above or you are just not sure, contact Cap City Restoration for a professional opinion. Cap City Restoration is an expert in gutter replacement and seamless gutters is one of Cap City Restorations specialties.For gutter replacement in the Columbus Ohio area contact Cap City Restoration today for your free estimate.